Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Journey Toward Culturally Proficient Leadership Practices




What are you noticing about your personal and professional journeys toward culturally proficient leadership practices? What's emerging for you as you read about the Tools for Cultural Proficiency?

I have noticed that people at my site they are paying attention to what I say and what I do.  Based on this awareness, I am bringing up more conversations around the issues related to cultural proficiency.  In fact during one of our School Site leader ship meetings, while I was waiting for the meeting to begin, I was holding the Cultural proficiency book reading it.  One of the parents asked me about what I was reading and that initiated an interesting conversation around social justice issue and how we need to become aware of the needs of other culture.  Interestingly enough, the conversation continued when the principal arrived and became one of the topics of our discussion for the meeting.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Farzin. These are difficult conversations to initiate sometimes, but once they begin, faculty and administrators often engage in new questions, behaviors, and new ways of thinking-all because of a new book you are reading.

    ReplyDelete