Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Reflection on Culturally Proficient and Futurist Leadership

The culturally proficient leadership course was the process of uniqueness which is myself. The futurist is myself manifested in the physical world.  Both courses were closely intertwined in a way that they supported each other.  Through the interviews and the autobiography assignments, I was able to reflect on my own culture, race, gender identity and become aware of my feelings and thoughts on these important issues.  Thinking about how I felt at certain point of my life about people from diverse background made me realize how important it is for me as an educational leader to nourish a school culture in which teachers and students as well as parents value diversity.

The Futurist assignment made me to believe that I can become creative coming up with a unique plan.  It pushed me to think about the details, weakness and strength of the plan realizing that every plan of action needs a long period of time to produce positive results.  From both courses, what was important to me was the stress on our uniqueness and creativity as different individuals.   Using technology as a tool to make our blogs and reflect on class discussions and readings made the assignments more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment