Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Final reflection on my PLN

Creating a PLN was something I never thought I would do.  I am the kind of person who likes to talk face to face.  I rarely send email when I can simply turn around and tell my colleague what we need to plan for next week's meeting.

What I discovered was my PLN was not just about communicating with my colleagues next to me about  the staff training.  Through creating a PLN, I could gain insight and knowledge from people across the globe about topics that were important to improving education within my own sphere.

Twitter is a tool for that next level of collaboration.
My thesis proposal was all about collaboration.  I never thought that it could extend beyond the school, or district.  An idea that has come to me through this coursework is that I can globally communicate and share ideas on how we might best collaborate in our schools to improve teaching.

The chatting on twitter took some time for me to get used to it, but once I learned more, I used it more.
I have started # math  collaboration hashtag to get help and find districts with successful collaboration.  My hope is that with collaboration hashtag I can continue to share what I am finding from my dissertation and share it with other educators.

The blog serves another purpose, promoting ideas and an opportunity to reflect and express my personal opinions on topics which might not otherwise be exposed.  The WEC for example is something that I could not have shared had not this opportunity to blog been made available to me.

I also learned how to explore Google and utalize some of its applications such as docs and forms, YouTube, calendar, music, igoogle, and google+ and use them at my job. I am involved with a study group and in each meeting we share new ideas.  I have already shared some of the applications with teachers and how we can intyegrate them with our curriculum.


Finally I learned how to use evernotes to save my ideas and things I like and see.  As a teacher and leader this is a great tool to store great ideas that I find and store them on my computer.

I plan to continue to use blogging and tweeting and all the applications of google to bring awareness to topics that are relevant to myself as a teacher, our school and the global community.

No comments:

Post a Comment