Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Emergent Ideas On Cultural Proficiency

Growing up in Iran, I was not around many people who came from a different race.  Back then, the lens I used to view the world was limited, and I didn't know any other way!  However, for the first time when I went abroad to Denmark around age 19, I got to know amazing people who looked different, spoke and behaved different than me.  These were students from Germany, Denmark, Greece, Africa, Turkey, China, Japan and many other countries who had embraced the idea of learning something new from each other.  Every day of the 3 months stay in Denmark provided me with the kind of learning that I would not have been able to acquire even in the best learning institution in the world!
later years, when I moved to America, I had already embarked on my cultural proficiency journey which continues to this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment