Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Reflections on Cultural Autobiography Interviews



My interviews were conducted with friends and colleagues.  I did my interviews with my friends in a coffee shop, and with their permission, I recorded with the interviews so I could go back and listen to them. The responses pertaining to some of the questions made me to think about my own feelings and past experiences. I had opportunity to listen to the stories from the view of people who grew up in a different country with a different religion. I learned a lot about diversity from them.
 During the interviews, sometimes it was hard  for me to keep quiet and not share my own feelings.  Some of the responses made me to remember interactions I had from my childhood and discover new things about myself.  I realized that all my past interactions with  people from diverse background have helped me to grow and become a more accepting individual.  I have always valued different cultures, races, religions and now I have started to promote social justice and equity in both aspects of my life (personal and professional).  







3    





No comments:

Post a Comment